This Accessibility Statement concerns the website Suomenpeura.fi.
Metsähallitus makes every effort to ensure that the website Suomenpeura.fi complies with the accessibility requirements laid down in the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
Suomenpeura.fi website meets the requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) level 2.1 AA in part. The extent to which the requirements are not met and the applied exceptions to the requirements are described below.
Suomenpeura.fi website is administrated by the WildForestReindeerLIFE project, which began in 2016 and will end in 2023. The website was originally published for the use of a previous wild forest reindeer project in 2013. The main reason for not meeting the accessibility criteria fully is the nature of the website.
The following contents of Suomenpeura.fi website do not meet the accessibility requirements. After each item, the relevant WCAG criterion is given in brackets.
- There are no text alternatives for images. (1.1.1)
- The heading levels do not form a logical sequence on all pages. (1.3.1)
- The link purpose cannot always be determined from the link text: the site to which the link directs the user or the file format and size are not indicated. (2.4.4)
- The news thumbnails and LIFE and Natura2000 logos have no text alternatives. (1.1.1)
- The site’s Search button has no text alternative that would be conveyed to a screen reader. (1.1.1)
- The different navigation levels cannot be told apart when using a screen reader. (1.3.1)
- When only the text is resized by 200%, the full text cannot be displayed in some elements. (1.4.4)
- The items in the language menu are not read out in the target language when using a screen reader. (3.1.2)
The shortcomings are currently being addressed. Fixes of the different language versions may not be completed at the same time. For the part of technical shortcomings, their significance for using the site will be assessed in proportion to the costs. As the site is close to the end of its lifecycle, the focus of accessibility fixes will primarily be on clarity of content and, in second place, on technical accessibility.
Content not covered by the legislation
- The map of wild forest reindeer distribution on the Range page.
- The Open the map link describing forest reindeer life (on the Home page).
- Third-party content accessed by links on the website which was not produced by the WildForestReindeerLIFE project.
- The registration form for forest reindeer shepherds created using Webropol, which is a third-party product.
- Files on the Products page that were published before 23 September 2018.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was drawn up on 17 September 2020 and updated on 21 October 2020. It is based on a self-assessment.
Feedback and contact details
By giving us feedback on accessibility, you can let us know if the accessibility requirements are not met in some respects as set out in this report, or request information or content that are not within the scope of the Directive. Feedback on accessibility is processed by Wildlife Service Finland, a unit of Metsähallitus. You can provide accessibility feedback to us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also contact this address if the non-accessible content of the service prevents you from finding the information you need. In this case, we will serve you in some other way.
If you notice accessibility issues on the site, please provide feedback to the site administrator. It may take up to 14 days to receive a reply. If you are not satisfied with the response or you receive no response within two weeks, please send your feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland.
Contact information of the supervisory authority:
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Supervision Unit for Accessibility
Switchboard + 358 295 016 000